Job Title: Executive Director (volunteer, remote)
Organization: Evidence-Based Social Enterprises Canada (EBSECan)
Location: Anywhere in Canada
Overview: We are seeking the next volunteer Executive Director of EBSECan, a charity dedicated to making a positive impact in public health. Currently our major projects include distribution of masks and COVID tests through our Donate A Mask Project Canada, our online retail store, and community outreach. As the Executive Director, your primary role is to provide leadership, make important decisions, and oversee the organization’s operations.
- Manage day-to-day operations, ensuring the organization’s well-being.
- Develop and implement programs grounded in evidence to create a meaningful impact in our community.
- Maintain financial oversight, manage budgets, report to the Board and funders, and keep the organization on track.
- Act as the organization’s spokesperson, representing us to the public, media, and government.
- A post-secondary education and / or equivalent lived experience in business management, law, executive leadership, social services, or a related field.
- A high level of comfort with remote work and digital communications.
- A passion for our mission and a commitment to achieving our goals.
- Relevant education and experience in non-profit leadership.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Proven ability to secure funding and manage finances effectively.
- Current or past volunteer experience.
- Cultural competencies and / or language abilities.
How to Apply
To apply, please use our application form.
EBSECan is an equal opportunity organization dedicated to diversity and inclusion. We particularly welcome applications from persons who identify with one or more marginalized communities and / or identities. We appreciate the interest of all applicants and will contact those selected for interviews.
EBSECan is committed to accessibility in all aspects of our recruitment. Contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org about any accommodation needs; we will seek to provide solutions which facilitate a fair and equitable process.